- 5th Annual Scientific Meeting. Society for Geriatric Medicine Singapore. 11 Aug 2001. 50ml Swallow Test and Oxygen Desaturation Test useful as screening test for aspiration and risk of aspiration, pneumonia and death."Awarded Best Paper for the free paper category"
- Human Manpower Development Programme from National Healthcare Group, Singapore in the area of cognition. I have completed a 9-month visiting fellowship (Sep 2003- May 2004) at the David Geffen School of Medicine UCLA, USA under the mentorship of Dr Jeffrey Cummings with a special interest in neurobehavioural aspects of dementia and a 3-month visiting fellowship at the Sleep Disorders Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, UCSD, USA, under Dr Sonia Ancoli-Israel looking at investigation and management of sleep problems in the elderly and in patients with dementia (June 2004- Aug 2004).
- TTSH sponsorship for the 2-year distance learning course on Graduate Diploma in Clinical Epidemiology (Newcastle, Australia) which I have completed (from Feb 2003- Dec 2004)
- Excellent Service Award 2005 (Silver Award)
- National Healthcare Group Service Champion Award (July-Sep 2005 and Jan-Mar 2006)
- Society for Geriatric Medicine Singapore 2006 Biennal Scientific Meeting. Comparison of Chinese Frontal Assessment Battery (CFAB) with Delayed Memory Recall in Diagnosing Cognitive Impairment and Dementia Aetiology Differentiation. Awarded Best Oral Presentation
- Team Human Manpower Development Programme (team HMDP) programme for for expertise in setup of the Geriatric Monitoring Unit, Department of Geriatric Medicine, Tan Tock Seng Hospital to develop a Model of Care in Delirium patients in the acute geriatric care setting by looking at 2 models of established delirium care (Delirium Room, St Louis University, Missouri, USA and Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP), Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA (April 2010)
- Society for Geriatric Medicine Singapore Scientific Meeting (2011). A multicomponent delirium management program improves functional outcomes in hospitalized older persons. Awarded Best Poster
- Nominated by National University of Singapore Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (graduating class of 2012) as "role model"
- National Healthcare Group (NHG) Excellence in Action Award 2012 (Individual – Medical category)
- Human Manpower Development Programme (senior) from National Healthcare group, Singapore for cognition and memory disorders at Massachusetts General Hospital ADRC, Boston, USA and Brigham’s Women and Children Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA Sept 2013.
- National Healthcare Group Improvement Project Competition 2013 – Sustainability Award category for "Optimizing Acute Delirium care in TTSH – Geriatric Monitoring Unit (GMU)"
- National Healthcare Group Excellence in Action Award 2016 – Dementia Care Integration between Primary Care Provider and Tertiary Hospital (team)
- National Healthcare Group Team Recognition Award 2016 – Dementia Care Integration between Primary Care Provider and Tertiary Hospital (Silver)